Tax Return Croydon – Claiming Your Work Expenses

The new Financial Year is here, so it is the perfect time to start organising your 2018 Tax Return Croydon. Ideally, you want to get the best possible refund and give yourself a bit of extra money to spend on the things that you want, like towards a holiday, day out with friends or your everyday expenses.

 At CLY Tax Accountant Croydon, we can provide you with the right Tax advice to legally maximise tax refund for your Tax Return Croydon and plan ahead for the next tax season. We have dedicated countless hours to analysing the current tax laws and ensuring that our knowledge is up-to-date, to ensure that you receive the best Accounting services and advice in Croydon.

Whether you are a business owner, self-employed or an employee, there are many work-related and investment property expenses that you could claim on your tax return. Receive the best possible tax refund by knowing which tax deductions you are entitled to and how you can legitimately claim them.

Work Related Expense for Tax Return

To be able to claim a work-related expense, you must have used your own money to purchase the item and were not later reimbursed by your employer. You will also need to keep a well organised record of your work-related receipts, by either physically or electronically storing them. If you are unsure if you will be able to claim a certain expense, you should still keep the receipt and we can decide whether or not it is feasible for claiming in your tax return Croydon.

Some work-related deductions that may apply to you, include:

  • Work supplies or equipment – including home office expenses, tools and other equipment
  • Self-education costs – that were used to maintain or gain specific skills needed in your current job
  • Work-related motor vehicle expenses – such as fuel and car repair expenses. Remember to keep a vehicle logbook if possible.
  • Other deductions – that you will need to discuss with accountant Croydon. This might include a work phone or internet expenses, personal super contributions, and deductions applicable to certain industries and occupations.

Investment Property / Rental Property Expense for Tax Return

You may also be able claim a wide range of running and management costs against your investment property’s income. These include:

  • Real estate fees
  • Insurance
  • Council and water rates
  • Advertising for new tenants
  • Reasonable travel expenses to inspect your property
  • Asset Depreciation, such as on white goods and air conditioners

Remember – always keep any relevant receipts or documents.

At CLY Tax Accountant Croydon, we are committed to providing personalised tax services and advice, at a competitive price. Call us today to find out how we could help you to meet all of your tax commitments and maximise your tax refund.

For further information or to make an appointment about your tax return or related accounting services in Croydon, please Contact Us or call us on (03) 9736 9316